on Thursday, September 25, 2008

umm..... so.... Hey!


So this is my first post on my new blog!  I always liked posting stuff online for anyone to read and hopefully give me feed back about.  So I thought that this would be a great way to do that.  

Also, now that I am the new youth director at Calvary United Methodist Church in Brownsburg, I thought it would be a cool tool to just write stuff with (and Todd and Michelle both have one and we all know how cool they are so....!!).  

Therefore, here goes on my first post.  Just a thought today.  I was just listening to some music that lyrically is all about expressing their thoughts about politics, religion and social struggles that America specifically "deals" with.  As I listen, as I agree and disagree and as I love the tune they are portrayed in I think, "Good for these guys."  Why good?  Well to be honest, I find it great for these musicians to be combining their talent for music and the opinions they have for anything and everything.  

So what?  I just think it is important to talk about anything and everything.  I love to talk, but I always want to encourage everyone I know and meet to do the same.  If you have conversation about something, be in the conversation.  

Two things to a conversation: listening and speaking.  So you HAVE to listen!!  But make sure to talk as well.  Whether it be a conversation about your opinion or just about facts that are current in the world, make sure to discuss, listen and talk.  For me I think this is one of many ways to learn a lot.  By you talking, you get feedback from others who may agree and disagree with you.  That is soooo good.  Then you can have a better view of what others think.  That helps you stay selfless and really helps you think others in all of your opinions and conversations.  By listening, you will learn much that you did not think of or know.  

So there.  I did it.  First post.  Right on, cool.  God bless.  

0 comments: